Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Gobs of Skull Cakes

One of my favorite blogs, Cake Wrecks, did a post last week called The Undead Wed that featured a bunch of amazing skull wedding cakes. This sent me off on a frenzy of searching for more skull cakes, wedding, birthday or otherwise. From now on I only want skull cakes for my birthday and most definitely a skull wedding cake. In no particular order...


From Craig's Cake Shop in Wisconsin. via Cake Wrecks


This cake was featured on the WE channel's Amazing Wedding Cakes and was made my Lauri Ditunno of Cake Alchemy via Cake Wrecks


Made by Kathy of Calamity Cakes via Cake Wrecks


Made by Rosebud Bakery via Cake Wrecks


Made by Pumpkin from the blog Pumpkin And Spice for her advanced cakes class via Cake Wrecks

These next cakes were all found on Flickr so info is limited. If you know anything about the cakes, bakers or bakeries please send me the info and I'll add it to give credit where credit is due!


Found via Cre8acake's photostream


Found via Scarycrow's photostream and made by choccywoccydoodah.com


Found via amykins1111's photostream


Found via djsiberia's photostream


Found via giac1061's photostream


Found via Azathoth Invictus' photostream



Found via monicakitty42's photostream


Found via chocmocakes' photostream


Found via thinkgeekmonkeys' photostream

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit eating carbs!


16 comments:

  1. Wow, these cakes are awesome! I wonder why would any of these be on Cake Wrecks because they all rule even if they are a bit unusual. Thanks for the great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I neglected to mention that Cake Wrecks post non-wrecky cakes on Sundays and these cakes were NOT wrecks. However, if you read the comments for that post you'll see that plenty of people are weirded out that someone would actually choose a skull cake for their wedding. Funny stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Excellent excellent cakes. Too cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. and best of all they look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a wonderful collection of cakes. So many different styles and influences. I love them all and I would happily devour them one by one.

    I'm quite inspired by this. I've got a party coming in two weeks and this sort of macabre fare would be perfect for the occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How brilliant are those cakes, much better then the traditional wedding cakes you see knocking about. nice one

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Dia de los Muertos cakes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are super yummy skulls. I'd love to have one one skull banana or carrot cake for my birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, awesome finds! Thanks so much. We live in Salem, Mass. I'm definitely on the hunt for Halloween cake inspiration. :D

    +Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  11. these are the best thing i've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Incredibly yummy! This is incredible! Never give up cake!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've convinced me that getting a cake for halloween is now on the essential list.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete