Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Brooklyn Bacon Takedown

While I lament that I cannot attend the Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival that's sure to be a blast this weekend in Iowa, I am very excited about the upcoming Brooklyn Bacon Takedown.



Run by The Chili Takedown, this event is taking place on Sunday, March 29th, at Radegast Hall & Beer Garden in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. Thirty bacon dishes go head to head. Anything and everything goes as long as it includes bacon. Only $10 to get in, taste all of the entries, and vote on the winner. And it's in a beer garden which is just like icing on the meat cake.

They already have 30 contestants but if anyone drops out they do have a waitlist going. You can email Matt Timms for more info.

Fortunately, I'm not about the cooking, I'm about the eating. I'll see you there.

8 comments:

  1. holy crap! me thinks a road trip is in order.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GAWD DAMMIT !! I'm goona be on the way home from Pittz with JWB. Probably going to miss this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what you get for being a rock star, Ryan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. talked w/ sexybeast. looks like we might be coming down

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa, I'm just in Manhattan, let's hook up for this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to meet up with the both of you! Should be an awesome event.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here's photos from the event - http://asmartmouth.com/2009/03/29/bacon-takedown/

    ReplyDelete
  8. this was amazing.
    Here's my post about my experience as a bacon competitor!

    ReplyDelete