Thursday, November 6, 2008

Jim Gaffigan Loves Bacon

Last night my friend Tim was performing at the comedy club, Comix. so a friend and I went to see him. It was New Talent Show night which is a mix of new talent with seasoned pros and celebrity drop-ins. To be honest, we were kinda hoping to just catch Tim's act and head out the door, however, if you've ever been to an intimate comedy club, you know it's not that easy without becoming a target. Two hours in, I was looking at my watch, needing the bathroom and looking for any opportunity to sneak away when they announced the guest headliner - Jim Gaffigan!

When he walked out on the stage I had to stifle my urge to yell out, "Bacon!" Instead, I proclaimed "BACON!" to my friend, who had no idea what I was talking about. If you've never seen Jim rant and rave about bacon before, you should watch this video:



I really wanted to meet him after the show but he disappeared pretty quickly. It's probably a good thing because I'm sure I would have babbled some bacon nonsense to him and come off looking like a total wack-job. Anyhow, I was inordinately excited to catch his act in person. I floated home on wing's of bacon.

“Whenever I'm at a brunch buffet and they have that big metal tray filled with the 4000 pieces of bacon, I always think, if I was here by myself...I would eat only bacon. I would steal this tray, go lay down, and eat bacon all day.”

So would I. In fact, I'll be in Atlantic City in a few days where the breakfast buffets have neverending bacon. I'll let you know how it goes.

4 comments:

  1. atlantic city. have a debauched good time..... with bacon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I may lose all my money on the slots but at least I'll still have bacon. =)

    ReplyDelete