Thursday, May 22, 2008

Tastykake Pancake Krimpets

Perusing the aisles of my local Quik Check convenience store the other day, I stumbled upon something new, the Tastykake Pancake Krimpet.

Limited Edition Pancake Krimpet Alert!

Butter Flavored, Cream Filled Sponge Cake with Maple Syrup Icing. Being the adventurer I am, I had to try it. It's interesting and pretty good, the maple syrup icing is the stronger flavor and the denser than usual Krimpet cake has a slight pancake taste. Of course, it's not a well-rounded breakfast unless you work some bacon in there somewhere. I'm trying to decide whether it would be better with some bacon on top worked into the frosting or to slice the cake in the middle and make it a sandwich. These are the things that keep me up at night.

2 comments:

  1. If you ever see these again, I'd pay you to send me one! They look deeeeelicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's my idea: Split each Krimpet down the center--but not all the way through--and lay a maple sausage link in the middle, like a hot dog in a bun.

    Of course, as the Bacon Bishop of Baltimore, I'd be remiss if I didn't somehow involve bacon in this creation...so let's take a strip of bacon, cut it into two halves, and lay each half on either side of that maple sausage link.

    WINNING.

    Spam
    Bacon Bishop of Baltimore - http://j.mp/gFOynk
    Founder, Ministry of Bacon - @MinistryofBacon

    ReplyDelete